We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Market - question about closing times

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FL
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Saturday Market - question about closing times

According to Saturday's Market web page, their closing time on Saturdays is 5pm. However, I remember reading somewhere (not quite sure where) that the artisans part closes at 2pm, and that the food part is the one that closes at 5pm. Is this true? I'm mainly interested in visiting the artisans part.

That Saturday I'm spending the morning at Washington Park (since the Rose Gardens open very early), and then I'll get to the Saturday's Market around noon or 1pm. Is this already too late?

Thank you!

McMinnville, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Market - question about closing times

you will be fine. last month we went to lunch a 12:30 then drove down to the saturday market the artisans are there till 5.

FL
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Market - question about closing times

Great! Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on having lunch around the market as well.

ejs
california
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Market - question about closing times

You can do the market in 1 1/2 hours easy and that assumes you are into jewelry. I walked to Chinatown afterwards (up and to the right) but wasn't too impressed. The neighborhood is kind of seedy. The food is booth food at the market with folding tables and chairs set up so you may walk up into the Pearl District and take some of the excellent advice on eating there. There are tents at the market and it goes rain or shine.

4. Re: Saturday Market - question about closing times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 05:17