We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

japan
10 posts
Save Topic
One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

What should I eat or see in Portland. I have a full one and a half days there. I am really into exploring the roads less traveled, or what makes Portland unique. And definitely love a cafe or two with a nice relaxed easy going atmosphere, where I can enjoy some local foods while observing the world passing me by.

Budget is around $120.

Thanks in advance.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

It sounds like you are explaining most of portland :)

I would probalby Google Washington Park- that is a nice place to pass the time. If you are looking for something more off the beaten path to sip your coffee- go to some of the neighborhoods- like Hawthorne, Alberta, Belmont or Mississippi areas

Mentioned in this post
Alberta
Alberta
Canada
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Level Contributor
37,667 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

Check out Park Kitchen in the Pearl District or Le Pigeon. Both places have wonderful food in a cozy, quaint ambiance. :)

Mentioned in this post
Park Kitchen
Park Kitchen
217 Reviews
Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

Piazza Italia in the Pearl district is a great place for lunch. Walking the waterfront is nice. If you like to hike, head up to Forest Park in Northwest Portland. Not sure about your interests from you note?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

Based on a couple of your other posts, I'm wondering if you wouldn't enjoy a few of the many micro-brew pubs Portland is known for. You Aussies aren't the only ones who make good beer, ya know. ;-)

5. Re: One and a half full days in Portland, any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:17