We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Portland Airport

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Portland Airport

We will be arriving in Portland around 6:30 AM and will be driving to Corvallis to visit OSU after we land. We would like to have a quick breakfast near the airport so we can be on our way. Any suggestions? This is our first time in Oregon so we have no idea how bad traffic gets but will we be heading into traffic? Should we just grab something quick and hit the road as soon as we can to avoid traffic? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

Hi THere- as a fellow OSU grad I just had to write :)

Not sure where you are coming from to tell how bad the traffic is- rush hour useally lasts from about 7am-9am unless there is a major tie up. Assuming you are coming during a work week day... You shouldnt hit any big tie-up spots, except from the air port south on I-205 to about I-84(the portland downtown exit). There arent alot of good restaurant places near the airport that I am aware of, I might just have a lesiurlery breakfast actually at the airport... most restaurants there are actually local estabishments(Rose's and Beaverton Bakery, etc) and have pretty decent food-compared to the other airports i've been in.

Hope you enjoy Corvallis- I thought it was a great town and school!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

Forgive me, but I'm going to suggest a 'neighborhood' breakfast spot... Tin Shed on NE Alberta opens at 7am daily (should be enough time for you to grab bags, get car, etc). They have GREAT breakfast fare and are fast during non-peak hours (typically Sat/Sun 9am-noon) ...just say you're in a hurry and food comes in <10 min.

Here's a link to google maps, PDX--->Tin Shed-->Corvallis: http://tinyurl.com/23ggk5q

Cheers,

brian

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

Since you want to get on the road to Corvallis quickly, you'll want to eat in the close vicinity of the airport so you don't waste time fighting Portland traffic!

There is a Shari's on Airport Way just east of 205 and an Elmer's on Sandy Blvd just off 205 going south. Both are Oregon-based small chain restaurants that serve good food at reasonable rates.

I-205 traffic always seem bad to me anymore, no matter what time of day, but once you get south of about Clackamas, it shouldn't be too clogged up.

Edited: 30 May 2010, 07:00
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,726 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

Another OSU grad here:) There are quite a few of us on this board.

Another option is to eat breakfast in the airport before you leave. Caper's Cafe is actually very good there. You can take a look at the airpot map and see if it is easily doable for you depending on which airline you are flying in on. I like it much better than any of the other nearby places.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

Thank you all for your great suggestions!! I think we'll play it by ear depending on how much sleep we actually get on our red-eye. We may need a strong cup of coffee at the airport before we hit the road :) Thanks again!!

6. Re: Breakfast near Portland Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 06:20