We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland two day itinerary

Verona, Virgin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Portland two day itinerary

Will be traveling to Portland July 9, 2010 - July 14 2010. Have two days to play and explore (july 10-July 11). I will be traveling with my 71 year old mother who does pretty good traveling - just not a tremendous amount of walking. We love talking scenic beautiful pictures, love the beach, shopping and good good. What would you suggest as a weekend itinerary? We will have a rental car so we can drive anywhere - however we wish to return to Portland at night since we have already paid for hotel. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland two day itinerary

I think you should spend either one day driving the Columbia River Gorge around to Mt Hood/Timberline and back down to Portland- or spend the day driving to the Coast and back- Cannon Beach/Ecola State Park is a good area to explore. Both of these destinations/ routes are easy day trips from Portland. And offer little to as much exploring/walking as you wish.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland two day itinerary

A visit to the coast might be just the ticket with a stop at the Dundee Bistro on the way for lunch. Not sure where you are staying so cannot recommend easy access dinner places.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland two day itinerary

Also if you have time a drive to Washington Park to see the Rose Garden and view might be something enjoyable for you.

4. Re: Portland two day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 06:23