We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Portland Hotel recommendations

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Portland Hotel recommendations

Is there anyone who has good knowledge of Portland Hotels? We will be staying in September. Looking for a hotel that includes the following, free parking, continental breakfast, comfortable beds and centrally located. If we stay by the airport, is it far from Downtown?

Are there any good downtown hotels with free parking?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

To the best of my knowledge you have to pay for parking at all of the downtown hotels. the portland airport is about 15 min away from downtown... if you want the portland experience i wouldnt recommend staying by the airport. If you are flying into town and driving isnt a big deal for you, it would be very easy to just get around with public transportation. if you decide to stay downtown look at the ace hotel, hotel monaco, the governor or the nines. if you want to stay on the east side of the river check out the jupiter hotel. they have free parking but i dont know about the beds or breakfast. good luck!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,887 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

Park Lane Suites and the Jupiter have free parking. Have you ever used Priceline? You can get some great deals and then the $30 for parking doesn't bump the price up so much.

We prefer to stay out by the airport because to us the city is too congested, and we don't have a vehicle that fits in the parking garages! It's about 35 minutes to downtown from the airport via the MAX lightrail; cost is very cheap for all day fares going everywhere, I think $7 per person. If you're interested, I highly recommend the Clarion. Good rates, full breakfast, etc:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52024-d112206-…

But, as stated above, it is not the same as staying downtown.

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

As long as there is public transportation to downtown, I'm fine with staying at the airport. I don't like all the congestion either. Thanks for the suggestion.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

I will take MAX (light rail) into downtown whenever possible. It's great! Find accommodations on the MAX line and you can easily get downtown in a few minutes. Parking during the day would run you $5-10 at a minimum (more every time you move the car), so the $4.75 day pass is a deal. There is a 7day pass which is $22, if you are goign to be using it a lot.

Here is where you can get all the info - http://www.trimet.org/max/index.htm

Level Contributor
35,001 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

If you book your hotel on the POVA (Portland Oregon Visitor's Association) website, you receive complimentary parking and breakfast. We love The Benson in downtown Portland, it is a Historic Hotel. Enjoy your trip! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

Or, you can book directly with the hotel, get more personalized service, and usually get the same rates offered on POVA.

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

If you google "Portland Perks" you can get this package at many downtown hotels. We got two nights at the Nines Hotel with free parking and free continental breakfast. Portland downtown is a very walkable area and I would much rather stay downtown than way out at the airport. Many hotels offer the Portland Parks deal so you can park and enjoy the are on foot but still have all that downtown offers close by.

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I will check it out.

9. Re: Need Portland Hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 05:17