We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a place to eat...

darlington, england
14 posts
Save Topic
Recommend a place to eat...

We are a large group headed to Portland for the NIKE Cross Country Nationals this weekend. We are looking for a fun , casual and lively place to eat dinner for 24 people ranging in age from 13 to 50 :-)

Mentioned in this post
Nike Portland
Nike Portland
60 Reviews
Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a place to eat...

What sort of place would fit best? Upscale? Foodie? Pub? Buffet? All of the above? Any particular cuisine? I assume that is on the Nike campus? Are you driving or on a bus?

Give us a bit more to go on. There are lots of places, but want to try and narrow it down to things you would actually like.

Mentioned in this post
Nike Portland
Nike Portland
60 Reviews
Portland, OR
darlington, england
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a place to eat...

The group is made of parents and siblings ~ not the runners. We would like something casual, not too quiet and unique to the area. We are coming from the Midwest so a chain local to us would be out of the question. No particular cuisine of choice we really are up to anything. The key is getting all of us to be together in one location rather than scattered at smaller tables. We all have cars and most are staying in the Jantzen Beach area. ~ Thanks for your help!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,645 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a place to eat...

This thread might give you some ideas:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52024-i238-k40676…

With 24 people, you'll need to call ahead to book, of course.

If you're staying in Jantzen Beach, consider Vancouver restaurants as well, as it's easier to get to from there, IMO. There are these two places right on the river, plus one called "Beaches", but I have not been to any of them:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g60820-Vancouver…

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a place to eat...

half-Brit beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same place I suggested over in the other thread - for much the same reasons: The Kennedy school is part of a local chain - very much a Portland (or NW) thing. It is casual, fun and would be a good fit for a lively group of 24. The younger folks would get a kick out of eating in an old school, while the older set may remember sitting in a classroom very much like one of these. Food is something you will get some debate on. I like it at the Kennedy School and a few other Mc Menamins - some of the other ones I am less than impressed with. I'd suggest you check out the menu and see what you think - you know your group the best.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g52024-d44…

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Recommend a place to eat...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 06:29