We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland and wineries and coastal towns

St-lambert
Level Contributor
941 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Portland and wineries and coastal towns

Hello

I plan to visit the area for two weeks in July, I will have my own car and want to stay 3 days in Portland in a weekend time, then visit some wineries and drive along the coast on HWY 101. First time I will visit Oregon state. Please suggest me some must to see/do.

I open to suggestion

Merci

Sylvain

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

The Dundee area is a nice place for wine tasting. Archery Summit, Domaine Serene, Domaine Drouhin are all very good. :)

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

I think you would love the Columbia River Gorge. Indeed, you can test wines (40 in 40 miles along both the Oregon and Washington sides).

You will see lots but probably not all of the 77 waterfalls from Mount Hood to Troutdale.

Stop in at Multnomah Falls Visitor Center where trained volunteers love to share ideas and brochures about the Gorge attractions. They have hiking maps and Gorge Maps.

Check out www.nwhiker.com to see a little bit of magic.

min

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

Hello sb_enfrance and welcome. What sorts of things do you enjoy doing and seeing?

Are you planning on driving south along the Oregon coast and then continuing into California as part of a longer trip? Or is this visit mainly to see Oregon?

St-lambert
Level Contributor
941 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

Hello

Well actually I plan to visit Portland and the coast, and being a wine lovers, I want to see/taste some vineyards and drive along the Oregon coast only.

I am open to subjection this is my first visit, I will rent a car and travel solo.

Merci

Sylvain

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

Sylvain--There are wineries in the gorge as well as in the area SW of Portland. They are different varieties, so you might want to try both areas. The area SW of town is well known for pinot noir. Many of us have our personal favorites, and if we all made suggestions you would need to stay for a year to try them all out:) Since you are traveling by yourself, I would highly recommend hiring a driver for while out tasting. All that said, I live in this SW area and am minutes from quite a few of the wineries. My personal favorites are Brick House, Arbor Brook, Seven of Hearts, Seufert and Chehalem. Argyle is good for sparkling wine too. Enjoy your time here. I will be in your country for a couple weeks this summer:)

Edited: 20 March 2011, 21:23
6. Re: Portland and wineries and coastal towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:19