We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip loop from Portland

Level Contributor
947 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip loop from Portland

Hello/Bonjour Yes me again

For better rental car rate, I will have to rent and drop off at the same location, I will mostlikely land in Portland and start driving East to YellowStone NP. How much time it is, how many days should I take to get there, and by wich scenic roads ans wich stops your recomand. Then from YSNP, wich way to drive back West, to reach southern Oregon coast and start driving north on the coast, or is it better driving south on the coast. I may two/three weeks vacations.

I am open to suggestions.

Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip loop from Portland

Drive south on coast, pull offs mostly on ocean side.

If you want Yellowstone and Oregon coast 2 weeks may not be enough. YNP from Portland close to 850 miles. and depending on route probably more on return. That could be 4 long days if you don't sight see. more if you enjoy some sights along way.

Have you posted to road trip forum?

2. Re: Road Trip loop from Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 06:17