We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland, or Portland area, with a Northwestern or Pacific Northwest setting. A great view would be good, but more interested in a large variety of Pacific seafood, salmon or halibut in particular. Also, will be meeting a friend for dinner who has recently moved to Portland, and would like for this restaurant to be a good place to relax, not be rushed, and able to not only enjoy a great Pacific Northwest seafood dinner, but also have plenty of time to catch up in conversation with an old friend. Thanks for your suggestions.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

McCormick and Schmick has just such a restaurant on the Harbor. All the menus are printed daily, and they have a great happy hour. They are, as suggested on the harbor of the river.

Their menu has all the fresh fish printed on it and where it came from, and if you don't see what you want to eat listed on the menu, you can ask to have one of the fresh fish you like prepared the way you like it. Their drinks are all fresh juice, so they do not make blended drinks, but they do make delicious cocktails and are a great beer place too.

Dinner can be outside on the walkway/patio or inside with all seats facing the water.

Some call them a chain, but it's several PNW restaurants that are located only here and in Washington I believe. I think of them as very local.

Once your friend gets aquainted here, I suggest the Riverview out in Troutdale. Again, beautiful. On the banks of the Sandy River. You will love it. Great chef, wonderful Sunday Brunch.

Min

Edited: 18 August 2011, 19:07
Level Contributor
34,191 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

We have enjoyed several great meals at Harborside (the restaurant mentioned above.) The views of the marina are very pretty and the fresh seafood is excellent! :)

Another nice place with a beautiful view is Salty's on the Columbia. There is a large outside patio there with pretty views of the river. They make some excellent Coconut Prawns and have a good selection of wines. You can also do wine flights at Salty's if that interests you. Have fun! :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

No views, but Southpark is an excellent seafood restaurant and a great place to relax and enjoy a very nice meal. Great wine list too. Very popular with the locals.

Upper Left Coast
Level Contributor
214 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

Jake's. It's the original of the McCormick and Scmick's chain (which is national, by the way), but very much Portland's local and best seafood restaurant. No views, but the service is terrific. It's very close to Powell's, too if you want to visit the world's greatest bookstore.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
327 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

I will be arriving in Portland on September 2nd. I have checked out (online) all of the restaurants y'all have mentioned, and hope to visit at least 3 of them while there. I am so very excited! It will be my first time there, and I can't wait to try the fresh seafood of the PNW...

bb

6. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 August 2011, 05:04
Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

Checkout our food carts while you are here.

m

8. Re: Looking for a recommended Seafood restaurant in Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 12:15