We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multnomah Falls

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Multnomah Falls

Hello,

I will be in Portland this weekend staying downtown and really want to head to the Multnomah Falls. However, I was not planning on renting a car as I will walk and use public transit everywhere. Do you have any suggestions on how I can make it to the falls without renting a car? Maybe a shuttle or something. Any info. Would be appreciated.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,419 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multnomah Falls

I volunteer there, and people come on tours all the time. I have not heard any bad things about them, except they don't stay as long as perhaps people want. They also include other things in the Gorge.

I have only seen the Greyline Tour Bus, because I am inside most of the time and only interact with the people inside the Visitor Center instead of their tour operator.

I would Goodle Multnomah Falls Tours, and make a list. There are hopefully reviews here about them.

It may be less expensive to just rent a car for one day.

MrsO.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multnomah Falls

America's Hub tours , Eco Tours and Martin's Gorge Tours all offer small van tours to the gorge.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multnomah Falls

The best way to go to Multnomah Falls is by car, unless you are a superb bike rider knowing how to stay off the freeway. We really don't have much in the way of good public transport to the falls. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multnomah Falls

Better ideas? Sure. Both mrsomindy and half-Brit have better ideas. Take a tour. Chuck...

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multnomah Falls

There are no public transportation options to Multnomah Falls. Your only options are to rent a car for the day or go on an organized tour.

6. Re: Multnomah Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 14:17