We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boating

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Boating

What if we lived on our boat for a week in Portland. Where would we stay? What would be your favorite thing to do?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boating

There are a number of docks around the Columbia and Willamette, but I don't know of any but private or school docks. I am sure you can find a place to moor out by Googling it. There are docks at/by McCormack and Schmick's Restaurant so maybe there. There are lots of houseboat docks along the Columbia between Portland and Troutdale as well.

It would sure be cold on the water then.

MrsO

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boating

The oregon marine board website has lots of information on moorage and ammenities.

www.boatoregon.com/OSMB/access/access.shtml

Also a introduction to boating on the lower columbia/willamette rivers.. I took a look through and it is quite good for introduciton...

boatoregon.com/OSMB/…ColumbiaGuide.pdf

Moorage and boating ammentites isnt as plentifiul on the Columbia, as up in Puget sound, where boating vacations are usual, but you can find marinas along the way for overnight boating... most boating on the Columbia are day trips...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boating

forgot to mention lots of great side channels to expore between astoria and Rainier with small river towns...

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boating

Thank you so much for the links. This will be the biggest boat trip we have evert tried and I really appreciatte your help. This is way outside the box for me to do and I am grateful for your direction. THANK YOU :)

5. Re: Boating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:19