We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thackerville...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help

How can I get to bean Oregon from the airport in Portland is there a train

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
449 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

I'm guessing you mean Bend, OR?

There is no train to Bend. You would have to take the Max train to Central Station in downtown Portland and then get a train from Eugene, OR.

From there it would be a bus, possibly? There might also be a bus from the train Station downtown to Bend.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Bean, Oregon? If you mean Bend, there is no train. I'm not sure about bus either; you would have to check with the bus companies. There is a bus station near the Union (train) Station in downtown Portland.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

There is a bus from the Portland bus station to Bend. Google Portland, Oregon bus station for timetable and prices.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

You can take Amtrak's Coast Starlight from Portland to Bend. The train stops in Chemult, where a connecting bus takes passengers to Bend.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Interesting poppa. I did not know that. I note that the bus stops in Chemult as well; probably part of the Amtrak system.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

It's sort of like the connections in the Bay Area. If you're booked through to SF you get off in Emoryville and the Amtrak bus takes you to a few different locations across the bay in SF. Amtrak can book you to Bend, Redmond and Sunriver the same way on Thruway buses, via Chemult.

7. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2013, 10:17