We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days to spend

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
days to spend

How many days to see Portland?

We were thinking 3or 4.

Thank You

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: days to spend

When will you be coming? Will you have a car? Interested in day trips to the Columbia Gorge, Mt. St. Helens, Timberline Lodge (on Mt. Hood), Willamette Valley wine country, Oregon Coast???? With children?

In just the city, depending on your interests, 3 or 4 days (including arrival and departure days) could be enough. Adding the daytrips, of course, would take more time.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: days to spend

Soooooo verrrrry subjective! It completely depends on what you want to see and do. Any help?

Some people treat Portland as a base for exploring the NW Oregon region (Columbia River Gorge, Northern/Central Oregon Coast, Willamette Valley wine country, Mt. St Helens, hiking/trails/waterfalls). There's plenty to fill 2-3 days in Portland alone if you are a foodie (many terrific restaurants), drinker (great craft beer and wine + up & coming distillery scene), reader (Powell's) or film/theater-goer.

3-4 days seems 'fine' on the surface... but again it depends so much on what you want to do... and also depends (a little) on time of year ~ rain or sunshine?

Brian

(EDIT: opoppa, we have to stop posting the same ideas simultaneously - but you win, once again, by a minute :) )

Edited: 04 October 2012, 00:02
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: days to spend

To just see the city? 1 or 2 days. To experience the food, wine, and beer scene? A week, at least.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: days to spend

I was looking over your shoulder and just type faster!

At least we agree. I can't keep up with your pub suggestions, though. No way I can experience all of them on my short visits to Portland.

Level Contributor
35,424 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: days to spend

4 would be nice! Where are you staying? :)

6. Re: days to spend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19