We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

I will be staying near the aiport in March, and would like some reasonable restaurants to try. Most of my business will be to the east and south of the city along the 205, and near Tigard. Not interested in Oriental food, but anything else would be good.

Thanks

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

Your travel area won't include the 'usual suspects' for dining choices but I think there are some to be found. I'm not familiar with restaurants near the airport or Tigard, but The Highland Still House is quite good for fish and chips, Cypress is pretty good lebanese place and Mia Famillia Pizza is also good(but not as good as others)- they are in Oregon City.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 06:09
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

In/around Tigard, some of our go-to places are Nacho Mamas on hwy 99, Cafe Allegro right in downtown, and for breakfast Biscuits Cafe (one in King City on hwy 99 just south of Tigard and one at Progress Ridge). The Tigard area mostly has chain restaurants. Two Italian places that are not in Tigard, but nearby include Abella Italian Kitchen in Wilsonville and Nonna Emilias in Beaverton (Canyon Rd and 170th). Both are quite good.

Level Contributor
35,424 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

Salty's on the Columbia is near the airport. They have very good appetizers, seafood, drinks, etc. with beautiful views of the Columbia River and an outside deck if the weather is nice. Enjoy your time in Portland! :)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

Those areas are definitely not foodie meccas by any stretch of the imagination. Please try to make it to close in east side, downtown or The Pearl for great food, even if it is one of our many great food carts. Portland is known as a foodie destination and it would be a shame to miss out on some of our culinary treats.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,894 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

>> reasonable restaurants <<

By this do you mean reasonably priced? Rough dollar amount?

Chinookgrrl, we love the Highland Still House pub :-) Although ... I see that TA has one of those stupid inaccurate photos for it - I marked it as "wrong location" so hopefully they will remove it soon. Grrrr.....

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

Well, I don't want to spend a fortune. Moderately priced is what I'm looking for, as I'm in my 80's and on limited income. I will have a rental, so could go in closer to downtown, suppose I could even use the light rail.

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Cameo Cafe East for breakfast or lunch. http://www.cameocafe.com/ It's east, near 205. Very friendly mostly American breakfast staples. menu on website.

8. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 07:15