We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onsite car rentals at PDX?

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Onsite car rentals at PDX?

I searched this and did find an answer but things change.....can anyone tell me which car rental places are onsite at PDX? I reserved an Alamo car, but read they are offsite...

Help?

Thanks!!

Springfield...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

So is it worthwhile to choose an agency that has cars in Terminal garage so you do not need to take a Shuttle?

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

yes

california
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

Avis was an easy walk to its underground garage at PDX. But on Sat. May 20 at 11 a.m. there was only one man at the rental counter with one novice helper. We had reserved a BMW with a Garmin for about $7 extra per day. We don't own one so he spent a lot of time explaining its workings NEVER mentioning that the BMW had a a built-in system on the dash. Thus, we spent about $100 more than we had to. The built-in system was better than the Garmin, which took us way up to 5 instead of 101 which we wanted. It spent the rest of the trip in the trunk. He should have known and told us about the car"s built-in system. I felt so sorry for all the people in line behind us-the line kept growing longer. Avis is very stingy when it comes to an adequate working force. This is our first time renting from them and we are not impressed. The red BMW was wonderful-wish we could buy itit!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

How far is the Enterprise on Pine from the nearest Max station? We plan to take the Max from PDX to pick up the car and want to make sure it's doable.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,173 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

Enterprise should pick you up handily. It is their motto. Then you can just leave from their office.

Best,

MrsO

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

Best would be the Skidmore Fountain stop, gbpakrfan. It's the 2nd one after crossing the bridge into downtown. The Enterprise on Pine is a short 5 +/- blocks from there. Less than 10 minutes, but if you need a break, Voodoo Doughnut is about half-way. ;-)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

It's my understanding that Enterprise will not pick you up at the airport. That's why we reserved a car to be picked up in town.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,173 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

gbpakrfan,

I can understand why they will not at the airport, But they will/always have at your hotel. At least in my experience.

Best regards

MrsO

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

MrsO, I should add that we're flying into PDX and picking up the car in town. Then cruising around town for a few hours before heading to Astoria for the night. So, no hotel to be picked up at.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,173 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Onsite car rentals at PDX?

Then you would be correct in finding the Pine street office, unless it just becomes too much of a hassle and for the few dollars it would be best to just get one at the airport. Sometimes if time is that short, I just give in to the luxury of no hassle/ higher price if I can.

Best regards

MrsO