We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to convention center?

seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel close to convention center?

We'll be in Portland in October for a Lego convention for my kids to attend. Both the Marriott and Red Lion near Convention Center are sold out. We are looking for less than $150 a night and are fine taking the light rail over. I'd love any suggestions for kid-friendly hotels (pool would be great) near or short ride away from Convention Center. Thanks!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,973 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to convention center?

Take a look at the Doubletree. It is within walking distance of the convention center and has a really good reputation. We have had various family members stay there for conventions and were pleased, FWIW. There is a pool, but it is outside and so by October will most likely be closed. Not sure of the price for your dates, but would be surprised if it were not in your budget.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to convention center?

I second the Doubletree.

We just stayed there not too long ago for an Andre` Rieu concert. You would be next to the Lloyd

(shopping) Center too.

Just a heads up. The first room we went to smelled. A quick call to the desk sent us to a really nice room.

If that is sold also, try the Red Lion down the street.

Enjoy,

MrsO

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to convention center?

Wait - a LEGO convention? Stop the presses, hang on while I Google that. ;-) Is it this one? www.legokidsfest.com/portland/index.html

I like the Doubletree (by Lloyd Center) too. We've also stayed at the Courtyard (which was just remodeled) but I'm not sure if they have a pool.

4. Re: Hotel close to convention center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:21