We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotels

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotels

Any recommendations on hotels by the airport? I have an early flight out on Sunday. Spending the day in Portland, I read there is rail service into town, is this true? Recommend or better to take the car?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotels

Hi, yes there is a lightrail train into downtown Portland. It's called the MAX. There is a station in the airport and it takes about 40 minutes or so to get into the downtown core. Cost is cheap... about $3 one way per person, or you can buy an "all day" pass to go anywhere on the system for I think $6 pp.

I always recommend the train as Portland is very congested :-)

We like the Clarion at the airport and have stayed there often - huge buffet breakfast, micro/fridge, pool, and all rooms look out over a little lake. All the major chains are there and they all offer free shuttle to the airport although some hours may vary.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 19:30
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotels

What he said!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotels

Thank you! There are a number of places we want to go in Portland. The Sat Market, The Pearl Dist. Any other recommendations or suggestions?

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotels

Spend some time in Washington Park! :)

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotels

have done this several times..we like the marriott sprinhill suites for the space and the morning buffet. Catch the hotel's shuttle from the airport to checkin. take the same shuttle back to the airport to catch the MAX into downtown Portland. Take in one of the many great food carts and people watch. Count the "O" and "OSU" fan-a-tics. shopping at the the Pioneer square, browse the books at Powell's. Sunny day, take take the Max to the river park and stroll the beautiful riverfront.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hotels

Hi gy820, I think that the OP may have come and gone already! Original post date was Sept 26th..."I have an early flight out on Sunday."

7. Re: Airport Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:16