We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing in Portland during October

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
Golfing in Portland during October

I will be heading to Portland on October 14th and staying through the 1st of November. I am going there for some training for work and will have my weekends free. I was contemplating on bringing my golf clubs but I don't know what the weather is usually like there. Should I bring my clubs or leave them at home?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

Last weekend was gorgeous, sunny and 70 degrees; the previous weekend was monsoon-like sheeting rain, several inches of it. October is a 'shoulder' month where the weather is changing pretty drastically, so it's anyone's guess really.

It may be cool (50s for highs and light/moderate rain) or sunbreaks or full-on blue skies. I would say bring your clubs because at least one of those weekends you *should* have good weather... I think. Maybe. :)

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

My wife golfed yesterday and today and will tomorrow, but she has her clubs in car so day to day decision. Not sure I would pay to bring clubs then. You can always rent a set

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

If this is your first trip to Portland, I think you'd better spend your time exploring the city and surrounds: Columbia River gorge, Oregon coast, Mt. Hood, or wine country for example. Unless you have a particular golf course in mind. Like Bandon Dunes? If that, absolutely bring your clubs. As long as it's not raining sideways, you won't care what the weather's like playing there. That's a 4.5 hour trek from Portland though.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

Keep an eye on the weather, and bring them if it looks like the weather will be nice. There are several nice courses in the metro area - we live in Bend and my husband likes to "escape" over there to play during the winter when it's too snowy here. Even in a light rain it's usually still pleasant. Warm layers are recommended.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
5. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

This weekend is supposed to be nice. The next couple? Who knows?

If it's not too much hassle, just bring 'em along and you'll be ready if the sun decides to shine or it's at least not too wet!

Level Contributor
35,236 posts
899 reviews
6. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

Hello and welcome! You should bring your clubs, have fun and let us know where you play! :)

7. Re: Golfing in Portland during October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:18