We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

We are planning on staying at the Marriott Residence Inn at River Place during the week between Christmas and New Years. The price is reasonable for a couple traveling with 3 dogs but the parking fee is outrageous - $28/night!

We have stayed at the Seattle Lake Union Residence Inn and found the immediate area had 10 hour meters which charge a reasonable daily maximum of $16.50 for a full day. Nights between 6:00PM and 8:00AM are free.

What is the cost and metered parking situation like around the River Place Inn? Are there parking lots within walking distance? This could be a deal breaker for us.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Lake Union
Lake Union
237 Reviews
Seattle, WA
USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

The longest meter I've seen in South Waterfront was for three hours, but I may not have been looking that hard. Portland classifies it as "downtown' for parking purposes, so it costs $1.60 an hour.

This website shows a couple of parking garages in the area. Not sure if that would be close enough for those in your party. www.parkingpanda.com, search for "South Waterfront."

Mentioned in this post
USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

Meter hours: portlandoregon.gov/transportation/…320238

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

Thank you cattrav.

Even at $1.60/hr, it's still less expensive to park on the street for a day.

Are the times limited to 1 or 2 hours, or can we plug the meter for the whole day?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

technically its illegal to keep feeding the same meter without moving your car

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

Thank you lougee1043.

What is the maximum time you can stay at the meters in that area?

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

This may or may not be helpful, but the Portland Oregon Visitors Association offers hotel packages through its website that include the parking fee. The Riverplace Residence Inn is one of them. I have no idea if the rate is better or worse than the one you've already scored, or if they have dates in your time frame, but it might be worth checking out: …travelportland.com/3620_hotel-info_h7964.ht…

Mentioned in this post
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

you are allowed one maximum "feed" to the meter ---- a one hour meter is maximum parking for one hour - the same goes for a 2 or 3 hour meter

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

Thanks again cattrav & lougee.

Unfortunately, we are kind of locked into a Residence Inn or very similar hotel. We travel with 3 greyhounds, one of which is very senior and very tottery on her feet. Their pet friendly apartment format is ideal for us.

Do you know what the maximum hours per meter are around the River Place Residence Inn? Sorry, that's a very specific knowledge. Perhaps I should say; how can I find out what the maximum time allowance is for meters in a specific area?

Edited: 19 October 2013, 17:03
USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

At this point, I'd call the hotel front desk and ask. If it didn't work, I'd call the Portland Bureau of Transportation (phone in link above) and ask them. They may have an e-mailable PDF of meters with times on the streets in question.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Street Parking at River Place Residence Inn

The Mark Spencer in the Pearl is very pet friendly and they usually have a good rate for parking. Also, Hotel Rose has pet friendly rooms - we were able to book there for $100/night on Priceline, and their parking is only $15/night ($20/night for valet). But based on "pet friendliness" I would pick M.S. over H.R.

I've never stayed at RiverPlace with a pet.

Mentioned in this post
Mark Spencer Hotel
Mark Spencer Hotel
1,910 Reviews
Portland, OR