We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

Fairfield...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

Please help us explore and enjoy Portland. First time driving from SF, will be staying for 3days. Help us pick a nice hotel that is accessible with great location in the city.

Level Contributor
35,446 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

The Nines Club Level! We have stayed twice there. Exceptional service and gorgeous rooms.. what a gem. :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

Budget? Fancy, trendy, cosmopolitan, hipster...?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,896 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

Hi Mgrace A, since you are driving, do you need any suggestions for overnight accommodations on your route? When is your trip?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

Your hotel budget will help us.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

I just came back from my first trip to Portland, and I received lots of helpful advice here. We decided to stay near the Pearl district, which really has some great shops, restaurants, beer tastings, bars within walking distance. Powell's Books is also very close by. We were choosing between the Lucia, the Nines, the Vintage Plaza, the Ace, and the Benson. (We chose the Vintage Plaza and were very happy--details later.)

I looked at all the hotels when we were there. The Nines is on an "upscale" block near the big department stores and Pioneer Square (but is within blocks of the other hotels). So there is an atmosphere of commerce and luxury there. The Ace is young and "hipster" with a cool bar scene and coffee house. (I think my grown 20-somethings would love it there.) The Lucia, Benson, and Vintage Plaza are right next to each other (in fact, the Lucia and Vintage are next door neighbors.)

We paid about 170 plus parking at the Vintage. I would book directly w the hotel and not on the Kimpton website, which seems more expensive. The people at the hotel are super friendly, the rooms are nice, there is free coffee and wine in the lobby, it is in a great location.

6. Re: Re: Best hotel to stay in Portland City (1st timers from SF)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:16