We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle and Portland

Walnut, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Seattle and Portland

My friends and I (mid-20's) are taking a trip to NW United States. We're wondering if we should fly into Seattle first, spend Wed-Fri there and save Portland for Sat-Mon or vice versa? I guess I'm asking for suggestions: should we save Seattle or Portland on the weekend?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle and Portland

Find out if there is something on in either city you really want to see, and plan accordingly. Their are plenty of flight options from CA to either city, so the order you do it in doesn't matter much.

I'm more familiar with Portland nightlife than Seattle, and may be biased -- I think Portland's scene is much more compact, easier to get around, cheaper, and hipper. But if you posted in the Seattle forum you might get the exact converse answer.

Willamette Week (www.wweek.com) and other websites (such as the great calendar at Geek Portland -- www.geekportland.com) will steer you to all sorts of events, from music to Geek Trivia night. I am a particular fan of various contemporary circus -- especially Wanderlust Circus (http://www.wanderlustcircus.com/), but there are big-name music and theatre here as well.

But during the brighter times of the year, there is lots of outdoor stuff to do here during the day (hiking, biking, etc), and if that is your thing, it will be less crowded during the week.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,517 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle and Portland

When are you planning on visiting and what sorts of activities interest you?

3. Re: Seattle and Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18