We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

I am attending a conference at Double Tree at Lloyd Center, looking for lodging hopefully under $100, am thinking of trying Priceline for airport area and figure out public transportation to Lloyd Center, is this possible? Or any other area within 20 minutes?? Thanks!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

I would stick to Lloyd Center lodging. The airport is about 30 minutes from LC. And then at least you would be closer to all the great restaurants within Portland. The east side of the river has some great options for dining. If you have a smart phone, download the pdxbus app and you can get just about anywhere on our public transportation system.

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

Thanks, what would be next affordable area/district, as outlined on Priceline for instance?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

Beaverton or Airport are really your only two options for easy transportation. Lloyd center is best considering your convention is right there. And I think prices will be about the same. When is your convention? If it is soon, you may even get a killer deal downtown. You can't go wrong if you bid for a 4 star hotel in downtown Portland.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

The convention center area is just a few (8-10) blocks away, or one stop on the MAX, and has plenty of cheap hotels.

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

My meeting is March 6-8, I see 4 star hotels on Expedia unadvertised price for cheaper than Lloyd Center Double tree but can I get to the Double Tree for my meeting via rail/bus?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

Yes. It stops in front of the hotel.

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

So, I can get to Double tree from downtown via rail??

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

Sorry, meant to say that the 4 star hotels were downtown!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

Yes, in less than 10 minutes. I would choose downtown as your first option.

10. Re: Lloyd Center lodging or PDX?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21