We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Hotels

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby Hotels

Hi!

I'd like to see the Venice exhibit at the Portland Art Museum and would welcome ideas on nearby (walkable) hotels. I'll probably be in town for just a night or two. Would pay up to $200ish a night - mid-week ... avoid Easter weeks, too.

Sadly, the Art Museum has no humans that are reachable by phone for suggestions. TripAdvisor is great!

Betty Lou

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Hotels

I great way to find out is to go to google maps, put in the address of the Art Museum and then do the "search for nearby" and put in hotels.

the Heathman and the Hilton are close but many others are also within walking distance.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Hotels

Like PDXWJ says, many hotels are within walking distance of PAM. Downtown Portland is compact and block sizes are small, so keep that in mind ~ almost every hotel is within a 10-15 walk. Besides the Heathman and Hilton mentioned, also look at The Governor Hotel, Paramount Hotel and Hotel Modera for the closest options...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby Hotels

Thanks to you both. I've been juggling maps and lists and TA and AAA ... and probably will go with the Westin. I have enough freebie points for a free night ... so maybe I'll stay two nights instead of one.

Any comments about the Westin? I know that is it not the closest to the Art Museum, but it looks easily walkable. Am I right?

4. Re: Nearby Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 07:24