We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in May/3 nights - Portland? Eugene? Willamette?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting in May/3 nights - Portland? Eugene? Willamette?

Hello-

I am coming from So Cal, and am starting to research my trip. I definitely want to experience downtown Portland. Is there anything to see/do in Eugene? I've heard this town brought up and was wondering what there is to do there or if it is even worth a trip.

Willamette Valley - I love wine! How was is the drive from Portland? Anything you would recommend?

Thanks!

Orange, California
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in May/3 nights - Portland? Eugene? Willamette?

Edited: After reviewing more posts, I've decided to make downtown Portland my headquarters. Looks like Willamette is doable in a day.

So now, what area in downtown is a good location? I will do a couple day trips but would like to be based in a location that is conducive to walking around the city.

Thanks

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,720 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in May/3 nights - Portland? Eugene? Willamette?

Don't know what your interests are or what other posts you've reviewed, but if you ever find yourself wondering what you missed by skipping Eugene, let me know. It's not on the primary tourist trail, but is a major university town with lots of cultural, sports and entertainment opportunities; offers plenty of outdoor experiences on its rivers, trails and parks; and is the jumping off point for nearby adventures in the Cascades and along the coast. Just in case you decide to return to Oregon.

3. Re: Visiting in May/3 nights - Portland? Eugene? Willamette?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 06:16