We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doughnuts

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Doughnuts

Travelers and locals - Blue Star is opening up a second location, "Blue2," at 3549 Hawthorne. I think it is where the bagel shop used to be. Regular hours start on Tuesday, but on Monday they will be giving away free doughnuts starting at 11 a.m. Just fyi.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doughnuts

This is definitely good news and fine advice for anybody looking for an alternate option to the Voodoo Doughnut hype machine. I always tell visitors that Blue Star on 13th & Washington is superior to Voodoo.

For that matter, so is Tonalli's on NE Alberta & 28th - if you want good old-fashioned doughnuts... :)

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doughnuts

If anyone's going to be in the Salem-Dallas area in the next few days, you can bring me a dozen. I'll pay for them, of course. :-D

Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doughnuts

Thanks for the info! :).

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doughnuts

I'm a big fan of Blue Star too, and glad to hear that they are doing well enough to open a second location.

FWIW, I also recommend the mini doughnuts at Pip's.

5. Re: Doughnuts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:17