We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best doughnuts

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best doughnuts

In Portland, but not Voodoo.

usatoday.com/story/…

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best doughnuts

I still prefer Pip's Original... I've never been able to stop eating Pip's until the box is empty. Even then, if someone put more in front of me, I'd probably eat those too. That probably says more about me than the donuts, but seriously: they are delicious.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best doughnuts

Ultimately, it all comes down to marketing.

The best doughnut (or donut) is the one that's currently in my hand. :-D

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,912 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best doughnuts

OJ, I agree.

Level Contributor
35,025 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best doughnuts

We will have to try Blue Star. Voodoo is our current favorite! :)

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best doughnuts

i just tried Blue Star yesterday. Got a dozen of a variety for some friends and for me to try.

I like them more than Voodoo but voodoo has more variety.

Blue Stars are made from a Brioche dough. its a tad heavier than Crispy creams but much lighter than voodoos. The Blue Stars are less sweet too so you can eat more :)

i had the Verona Chocolate one so far.

For any of you chocolate lovers. I found a chocolate shop, CACAO, down the street towards Burnside. It has "sipping chocolate" just like i had in Brussels. Its like drinking melted chocolate! whenever I'm down in that area, i get a cup.

6. Re: Best doughnuts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:15