We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,498 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

Thinking of attending a concert on 7/12. How comfortable is the bleacher seating? Does it tend to fill up? Is it pretty easy to get tickets on the day of the show?

Thanks in advance.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

If you decide to go, I'd suggest you pick up a cheap camp chair somewhere and sit on the lawn. It's an overall better experience, and camp chairs have backs. ;-) The several concerts we've been to were bigger name draws, and sold out long before, but if it's not sold out, I'd assume you could easily get tickets the day of the concert. Show up close to when the gates open, and bring a picnic dinner; make an entire evening out of it. Great fun.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

OK - thanks for the tips.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

Bleacher seating? Is that new to the concerts? They have some special tickets you can purchase but I have never seen bleachers set up. The more expensive tickets are not the closest to the front and they are designated SMALL areas so I have always thought they were the worst seats. For GA, you can put a blanket down and have a bit more room. The lawn is tiered It is great to get seats at the back of a tier as long as you leave enough room for people to pass behind you. Take the MAX, if you can because parking gets crazy.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

I questioned the bleacher seating too, PDX, but looked at the website, where it says bleachers are back behind the amphitheater, farthest from the stage. We saw the Doobie Brothers there last September, and in my mind's eye, I think I recall seeing them (the bleachers) there. I think....

Edited: 13 June 2014, 23:55
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

Thanks again for the tips. We were planning to take MAX as we won't have/need a car.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

Thrumylens, I guess I have never bothered to look back there. I am always dancing up front! Are they just to the west of the beer garden area that is by the elephant enclosure?

7. Re: Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:17