We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grant park--worth a visit

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
grant park--worth a visit

I just researched that grant park is where they have sculptors of characters from the Ramona books (loved the books as a kid, and the tv series on pbs). Is it worth a visit just for that?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grant park--worth a visit

The portion of Grant Park you're talking about is a rather small shaded area just off of NE 33rd, nearest cross street is NE Brazee. The "Ramona"-themed sculptures are near the football field/track for Grant High School.

Probably not a destination, but it might be worth a stop for you if you're in the vicinity. If you're headed to Alberta Street or Kennedy School (ideas from your earlier post about quirky places...), take the 33rd exit off of I-84. Grant Park is along the way.

The Grant Park neighborhood is one of the nicest areas of Portland, beautiful old homes, etc. It's also the area where Beverly Cleary grew up; you'll recognize the name "Klickitat Street" from the books; it's just a few blocks north of the park.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grant park--worth a visit

It's a nice area and Grant Park is lovely. I woud include more in the visit i you have time. How long do you plan to be here? What are your interests?

3. Re: grant park--worth a visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 02:16