We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

Kansas City...
6 posts
Save Topic
Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

We have to decide between these two hotels. It appears Hotel Monaco gets a slightly higher rating. I am concerned about Hotel Monaco being too pet friendly as I am allergic to animals. The Sentinel reviews seem to have some concern about the noise of the lobby lounge. I would appreciate any information on which hotel would be a better choice. Thank you.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,299 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

Hi Mary;

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Portland OR forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g52024-i238-Portlan…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum.

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

Hi Mary,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Portland, Oregon Forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Edited: 03 August 2014, 14:42
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

We stayed in the Monaco a few times and for long stays each time. 2 of those times were with a Standard Poodle. As far as I know, at least then, the "dog rooms" are usually on a couple of particular floors.

But anyway- even if they are not, the hotel is spotless and housekeeping does an excellent job .. there is no sound or smell or bother due to pets , we stayed at Monacos often, with or without Pup.

4. Re: Portland, Oregon/Hotel Monaco vs The Sentinel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:17