We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Portland 12/27 to 1/1/15

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Portland 12/27 to 1/1/15

Hello, We are coming to Portland to visit our son just after Christmas and staying NYE. We have been to Portland before but during the summer months. Is it too early to star planning Holiday events that may be happening? Any suggestion on NYE? We are thinking of staying at Embassy suites which is downtown. We have stayed there before and were pleased overall with our stay. The other option might be The Downtown Hilton, I was wondering on the locations of the two is one better than the other? I like Embassy suites for more space as our 21 year old daughter is coming as well. Thanks in advance of any tips. We will make sure to pack lots of rain coats, boots and umbrellas.:)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Portland 12/27 to 1/1/15

Embassy Suites is a great place to stay. Lovely lobby, nice pool and gym, plus great breakfast.Rooms are well kept and offer lots of space. Easy access to city by walking and streetcar. Enjoy. Holiday events start publicizing around early November. Also , check weather a few days in advance of trip. Sometimes it rains and is reasonably warm, sometimes it snows and is wicked cold. Have fun and welcome!

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Portland 12/27 to 1/1/15

Thank you for the information. You actually helped me last month with London questions also. You gave me solid advice that was useful when I was there. (had a great time btw) Thanks again!

3. Re: Coming to Portland 12/27 to 1/1/15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:17