We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

I'm not really that big of a wine person but I am big sightsee photographer and i would like to go to the vineyard that is the most visual striking, in terms of the vineyard itself (rolling hills etc.) and the building itself..

which one would you recommend?

Preferably relative close to I5 as I will be driving from Eugene to Portland.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

You're going north on I-5, but are you coming from the south? That sounds silly, but what I'm asking is will you also be going through the Medford and Roseburg areas?

Here is a website that has listings on it with the description of the southern wineries... www.southernoregon.com/wineries/index.html (note some are not near I-5) I've driven by Paschal and think that is pretty ;-)

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

http://www.kingestate.com/

While you're in the Eugene area, you might like to check out King Estate...about 20+ miles southwest of town. Beautiful area and a great place to have a classy lunch.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

I kinda like Domaine Drouhin, but don't think it warrants a special trip for just a photograph (and I love photography too). You might think Willamette Valley Vineyards, practically on I-5 several miles south of Salem is exactly what you're looking for.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

I too would recommend King Estates! The Crow Valley is very beautiful and the winery itself is quite impressive.

Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

Willamette Valley Vineyards is RIGHT off I-5 and is really pretty. Another one that you might like is Cristom Vineyards http://www.cristomwines.com/index/home.html

It's a little further off the freeway though, about 20-30 minutes probably.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

Wonder if geminihc has been to Oregon yet and which winery he or she visited?

7. Re: Which Winery in Oregon is the most VISUALLY striking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Salem