We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
23 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

I have a niece going to Willamette in the fall. I'd love to buy some gift cards, etc. to coffee shops, etc. nearby where she can go to hang out or get treats. Any current ideas for me?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

A nice gift idea. I Googled "restaurants near W. Univ., OR" and found this list and resources:

www.google.com/webhp…

Salem, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

That is very kind of you to treat your niece that way! The Sassy Onion and Adam's Rib are the two restaurants that I have gone to as a customer, and they are both excellent! The Sassy Onion is a family-style restaurant with a breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. Adam's Rib is a great restaurant to have the experience of tasting some of their great, juicy ribs!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

What a sweet idea! I recommend The Beanery, a local coffee shop. Another favorite downtown is Busick Court. Just South of campus is the Ram Brewpub.

Keizer, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

You can never go wrong with a Starbucks gift card! There a couple within walking distances from Willamette. Since the University is so close to all the major downtown shopping, food, drinks, and shops are all available. I would recommend going to the "cafe" coffee shop. I don't believe they do gift cards but it never hurts to ask. I also enjoy the cafe shop because the coffee is fresh and if not a coffee fan, they make other treats to enjoy. Live comedy shows go on their too!

Good luck....

Dallas, Oregon...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

A nice restaurant for lunch time would be The Wild Pear! Its in downtown Salem, its absolutely amazing! The food there is so fresh and the atmosphere is fun and relaxing!

Here is the link so you could check out the menu to see if she would enjoy it!

wildpearcatering.com/downtown/downtown.html

Salem, Oregon...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

I was going to suggest the Ram Brewery and The Wild Pear as well. Both have excellent food and attract great people!

Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

The Ram (restaurant/pub) and The Governor's Cup (coffee shop) are both very popular with Willamette students as are the rest of the restaurants/coffee shops mentioned here. Great gift idea!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,109 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

Although your original post was last May, we hope your niece is enjoying her Willamette experience. The block which has the Historic Elsinore Theater, just a couple blocks west of the WU campus, has a high concentration of some of Salem's best restaurants.

They include: LaMargarita (Mexican), DaVinci (Italian), Jonathan's (seafood and steaks), Andaluz (tapas) and, our favorite of all, LaCapitale (French bistgro). I'm sure most, if not all, would be able to sell you a gift card for your niece.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 06:26
9. Re: coffee shops/restaurants near Willamette University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Salem