We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western??

San Antonio, Texas
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western??

Any opinions on the Best Western? Anyone stayed there?

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western??

We just booked it for this Friday nite after some careful review of websites. Have stayed in Seaside before but not on the beach so am looking forward to this. I'll let you know how it is if next week will be soon enough.

San Antonio, Texas
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western??

Thanks- I would really appreciate it. I booked the "ocean-view" with fireplace and jacuzzi...so I'll be anxious to see what you think. Hope that it is wonderful!

Level Contributor
35,220 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western??

Hi, I know that this property is in a great location, you will be right on the promenade and just steps away from the sand and the ocean. Have you been to Seaside before? Let me know if you would like dining recs for the area, we spend several weeks a year at our beach cottage in Seaside and know the area very well. Have a great time on the Oregon Coast! :)

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western??

We booked the same room - I hear the jacuzzi is in a windowed area that looks out over the beach. I'm looking forward to it!!

Syrahgirl - I've been to Seaside a couple times but am always interested in the latest recommendations. Must have razor clams but am also interested in good delivered pizza and a bar like ours - the neighborhood "everybody knows your name" get a cuppa and catch up on the gossip kinda place.

Level Contributor
35,220 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western??

Fultano's has great pizza and a new location, right on the main drag off of the turnaround, they deliver! Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe about 5 minutes away from Seaside also has very yummy pizza, no delivery but you can order take-out here.

Head over to the Yummy Wine Bar, a new venue in Seaside that offers wine tasting in flights and very good food, they have a bar there and also a comfy-cozy place to lounge by the fireplace.

For the razor clams, gp to Norma's Ocean Diner, very good clam chowder here, I love their crab melts, also! The Taste of Tuscany has very good Italian food in a very pretty dining room, the rooms in the back offer "adult-only" dining if you want privacy and quiet.

The Bigfoot Pub & Grub down by Ave. U is also a weekly favorite ours, great ribs on Sunday night and they do Bruschetta here very nicely. The Riverside BBQ (look for the pink building with the BBQ's out front) has amazing Pulled Pork sammies. Enjoy! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western??

I wouldn't go out of my way to Pacific Way Cafe & Bakery (it's in Gearhart) for the pizza, but I would for the razor clams. Best around, in my opinion. Unfortunately, whether at Pacific Way or Norma's, they're often from Alaska (I assume you'd prefer local).

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western??

Thx mistletoe for the reminder that the razor clams were mostly alaskan - I got a good laugh out of that last year when I was there. However, in our neck of this big state, you can't get them - we have steamers mostly and I love them so I will probably have to try them. I do recall visiting Norma's last year but the memory that comes to me most often is a place on a corner of what I think of as the main road - a little more fancy than Normas - that had the best razor clams.

Level Contributor
35,220 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western??

You may be referring to Dooger's in Seaside. :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,974 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Western??

Hopefully Rivergallery will post. She lives not far from Seaside and would be able to give the most up to date recommendations since the rest of us usual posters don't live there, or anywhere near.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Western??

Yup, Dooger's is on the main drag in Seaside... the street going out to the turn-around at the "Prom". Just my opinion, but I'm thinking that if you liked the razors at Dooger's, you'll love 'em at Pacific Way.

I was going to say before, too, that the bakery at Pacific Way is the kinda place you would go for that "cuppa and catch up on the gossip". Problem is: 1. it's in Gearhart; 2. it has limited hours; and 3. it's not a bar. I don't know if they have what you're looking for in Seaside, but if you make it to Cannon Beach, try Bill's Tavern. And as long as you're in Cannon Beach, head to Wayfarer for those razors; they should be good there too.

Have fun!!