We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

We will be spending 1 night in the North Coast before heading down to the Central Coast for a couple of days.

We are a family of 4, including 2 kids aged 7 and 5.

We will be staying in Seaside, since nothing is available now for 1 night in Cannon Beach.

Amy thoughts/feedback on the Rivertide Suites or the Inn at the Four Winds in Seaside?

Price is not an issue for us.

Please advise on the best choice.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

The Rivertide Suites are new and a block from the beach, the Inn of the Four Winds is located right on the prom in a quiet area. Do you want to be right on the beach? Is a pool important to you? Rivertide has a nice indoor pool there. The rooms looked very modern when I toured them ( did not stay there). Flat screen TV's, spacious, etc. Enjoy your time in Seaside! www.seasideor.com :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

We are planning to stay 1 night in North Coast on August 5, as we will be sightseeing Seaside/Cannon Beach/Tillamook that day.

We are now debating in staying either in Astoria at the Cannery Pier Hotel or the Rivertide Suites in Seaside.

Which hotel and/or which town would be better for a family with 2 kids (ages: 7 & 5) and would be more convenient to tour the North Coast's main points of interest before heading down to the Central Coast on August 6?

Thanks for your advice.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

The Cannery Pier Hotel is gorgeous and right on the Columbia River. As much as I love Astoria, I think your kids would enjoy being by the ocean, Astoria is about 20 minutes from Seaside. The rooms at Rivertide Suites would be spacious, also. If you do decide on Astoria, there is a small park there called Tapiola where all of our kids enjoyed playing when they were young, it is right across the street from the Dairy Queen in Astoria. A ride on the riverfront trolley would be fun also for your little ones and there is a nice indoor Aquatic Center there if they like to swim.

Any further questions, feel free to ask! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

Rivergallery, the Destination Expert for Seaside and Astoria will probably see this soon and give you some of her advice.

I believe she lives in Seaside and I know she has small children, so she will no doubt be able to help you.

Seaside is close to Cannon Beach and still on the ocean, Astoria is on the river.. I really think Seaside would be your better bet there.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

Remember also that Seaside and Astoria are only 20 minutes away from one another. www.oldoregon.com is a nice website for this area. Happy planning! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

syrahgirl, I hope you and your home are all fine in your area of California, with all the fires!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

I haven't stayed at either, but I know the areas.

You might sleep better at the Cannery, and really 20min or so isn't very far. Especially if you watch a show at Liberty Theater. There is the Maritime Museum and Riverwalk which my kids like, if you want to there is an aquatic center and of course a movie theater.

For Seaside there is the "game place" as my niece calls it, the Arcade, there are rides and shops, and of course the prom where you can ride bikes or walk.. you can rent bikes or a surry, they have motorized ones that we want to rent sometime we are there. Plus all the rest of the beach goings on.

The restaurant right near the Cannery Hotel has excellent food.

Both hotels have views.

Really it is up to you there is plenty to do in both areas, depends if you want more of a beach time or more of a river experience.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

Oh and I live east of Astoria about 16minutes ;).

I grew up in Seaside and parents still live there so we go there a lot still.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

The Bridgewater Bistro is the restaurant by the Cannery Pier Hotel, it is family-friendly and they have a nice outdoor patio area there and a kid's menu, also. :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rivertide Suite or Inn of the Four Winds

Basic difference:

Seaside = beach

Astoria = river, no beach

Get answers to your questions about Seaside