We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Seaside

Which Seaside hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poulsbo, WA
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in Seaside

My husband and two girls (9 & 7) are heading on Seaside in August and really want to camp. Not familiar with the campgrounds in the area we are looking for recommendations. We don't want to haul our travel trailer so are looking for tenting sites or at the most camping cabins. We would also love something close to the beach. Any recommendations are great. :) Thanks.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Seaside

Are you set on Seaside? I am not aware of any campgrounds in Seaside.

Warrenton has Fort Stevens campground and across from Fort Steven is a KOA. Although both are still not real close to the beach.

I would look at Nehalem State Park which is south of Cannon Beach.

Poulsbo, WA
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Seaside

We are open to going south but don't want to be in Astoria area. We have also been looking at Canon Beach area. I will take a look at the state park you mentioned. thanks.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in Seaside

There is a small private campground just a mile south of Seaside on the Necanicum River called "Circle Creek Campground".

I would, however, opt for Nehalem Bay unless you can't afford the 30 minute drive between there and Seaside.

Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping in Seaside

If you stay at Circle Creek you will be just minutes away from the beach in Seaside. This is a great area for kids! www.seasideor.com :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping in Seaside

Isn't Circle Creek the "campground" where the tent sites sit in full view of the traffic passing by on hwy 101 a couple hundred yards away? If so, it may not be what you have in mind as camping, rj-oe. And to clarify, syrahgirl's "just minutes away from the beach" is by car, not on foot. At Nehalem Bay, the beach is just a short walk over the dunes.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping in Seaside

Yup, thrumylens, you got it!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camping in Seaside

Circle Creek is, (IMO as a long time RVer), much better suited to RVing than tent camping.

Cannon Beach has Wright's for Camping which takes tents and Sea Ranch which also accepts tents I believe and has bunnies but is tight (possibly noisy) quarters. Sea RAnch does have cabins as well.

8. Re: Camping in Seaside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about Seaside