We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterskiing,wake boarding and lake skiing.

Which Springfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
930 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Waterskiing,wake boarding and lake skiing.

My two daughter, ages 12 years and 15 years, had a blast at Blue Turns Watersports, on Fern Ridge Reservior, near Eugene, Oregon. It was their first time to try waterskiing, wakeboarding and wakesurfing-all three during the same session.

Nancy, the owner and instructor, has a great personality for teaching: encouraging, upbeat, patient. She seemed throughly knowledgeable, competent about watersports, dependable and trustworthy. She offered to have me in the boat as a non-participatory passenger, and when asked, she can tell great stories about her life experiences.

My daughters were very pleased with the experience, and given that the boat is a pleasure to be in (and Nancy brings towels, water, sunscreen, all the equipment) and there's a driver, so Nancy's attention really is on the student, I think it was an adventure that was really worth the time and money.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,840 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterskiing,wake boarding and lake skiing.

Glad you enjoyed your time at Fern Ridge...

Don't know why this was put on the Springfield forum, though. Springfield is east of Eugene and Fern Ridge is quite a few miles west of Eugene, closer to Veneta and Elmira.

Fernridge offers great bird watching and kayaking...as well as sailing. But you'll need to hurry if you want to do it this summer. The reservoir is pretty much emptied in the fall to make room for the winter rains and runoff.

2. Re: Waterskiing,wake boarding and lake skiing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Springfield