We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Sunriver

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Sunriver

Does anyone know a hotel between Portland and SunRiver? We will be flying into Portland, but

we don't want to go directly to Sun River, so we thought about staying at a hotel in between the 2 places...any ideas????

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Sunriver

Along the most direct route is the ski community of Government Camp and also near there is Timberline Lodge. Along a route that would be 45 minutes longer is Hood River.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,803 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Sunriver

There are two routes that are basically the same amount of drive time (only about a 20 mile difference in the two routes), and both are very common to take from PDX to Sunriver. One is to take I-84 to 26 to 97, and along that route there is the Kah-Nee-Ta Resort in Warm Springs. The other route is to take I-5 south and at Salem cut over onto highway 20. Two places along that general route to stay would be the Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton (east of Salem basically) or somewhere in Sisters, such as the Five Pine Lodge.

Another option is about 30 miles longer, but also very nice. That is to head our on 84 east and stay in/around Hood River and then take 35 down to 26 and then to 97.

It just depends on what you are looking to do for that night. It is normally about 3 1/2 hours from PDX to Sunriver, so not a long drive at all.

What time of year is this? Is there anything you are thinking of doing along the way?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Sunriver

What about Silverton? Instead of heading east from PDX you take 205 & I-5 south, and then head east from the Salem area. From there you can take hwys 20 & 22 over Santiam Pass to Central Oregon.

You could also head east along the Columbia gorge and stay in Hood River.

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
465 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Sunriver

Not sure when you are arriving. But I'd spend the night in Hood river at the Best Western on the River. Nice scenic town with great beers and restaurants

Reply to: Hotel near Sunriver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunriver
Recent Conversations