We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

West Jordan, Utah
2 posts
Save Topic
Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We (my wife and three children) spend a week or so each year, mostly during the summer months or early fall, in Sunriver, Oregon.

We live in Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City. My children are ages 9, 6, and 1.

We enjoy the wooded setting, paved bike paths, swimming, and golf. We like to ski, but we enjoy Sunriver in the summer more so than in the winter.

Since Sunriver is about a 12 hour drive for us, I was wondering if anybody who has been to Sunriver, Oregon, knows of another place comparable to Sunriver, that might be nearer in proximity? When I say comparable, I mean the wooded setting, perhaps a river, with paved bike paths, swimming, and golf. Park City, Utah is close to us, but I do not consider that comparable to Sunriver. Besides, we are not looking for a place to ski, because it is the summer in Sunriver we enjoy. Is there anything out their that can rival Sunriver's summer time amenities and setting?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,021 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

I'd put this on the WA State forum as well; lots of us go to Sunriver, but other places, too.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,021 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

Sorry, too fast sending previous message. Have you posted on the Idaho, Montana and Wyoming forums?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,426 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

Sun Valley Idaho?

Never been there, it just popped into my head . . .

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

I can not think of anything in Oreg that is closer to UT, but Sun Valley may fit, or jackson WY

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,426 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

Oh yes Jackson Wyoming!

River, mountain, trees, biking, golf (?), hiking, horses and probably lots of other stuff to do. Very outside-oriented.

West Jordan, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

I have been to both Sun Valley, Idaho and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

In comparing to Sunriver, neither of those (Sun Valley or Jackson Hole) have the community feel that Sunriver has. But each has the same offerings in the way of paved bike trails, golf, swimming, etc.

I am not sure how to express it, but it seems like Sunriver has all the amenities as Sun Valley and Jackson Hole, but in a closer proximity to one another.

7. Re: Any other resorts comparable to Sunriver, Oregon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Sunriver
Recent Conversations