We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VaCasa rental properties

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
286 posts
492 reviews
Save Topic
VaCasa rental properties

Anyone have experience renting from this agency, good or bad. Looking to rent in Sun River early Oct.

14 replies to this topic
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,808 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VaCasa rental properties

I can't help with that company. We have rented numerous times with what is now called Cascara, as well as through Sunriver itself, and Craigslist. If you have a place in mind that is listed in VaCasa, you might cross check and see if it is listed anywhere else. Then see if there are any reviews.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VaCasa rental properties

I haven't. I saw a number of rentals from them on VRBO but saw some bad reviews on Yelp about them and I ended up using Cascara instead. However some friends rented a place in Hood River through them and had a great experience.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
286 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VaCasa rental properties

Thanks so much for your help. I've done some research and there are some bad experience with the agency. Maybe some local offices do a good job. I'm suspect of any business that doesn't respond to inquires.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VaCasa rental properties

We have also used Bennington before with good experience. This time I used Cascara as they had more houses that came with SHARC passes

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VaCasa rental properties

My oldest rented a condo in Sunriver for 6 months from Vacasa. There were no issues.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VaCasa rental properties

Bad....we have dealt with them several times and each time is horrific. No responses to emails and/or phone calls. Our lockbox code to the house was incorrect and took a good amount of time before someone called me back....located the agency within Sunriver which isn't under "Vacasa" name and the front desk agent has always been rude and inconsiderate. Fortuanlty the house we have rented from them through the years is fine...if it's customer service you are looking for I would strongly recommend doing business somewhere else.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VaCasa rental properties

I can only respond to Vacasa in Sunriver....avoid this rental agency. We have never had a good experience with them.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VaCasa rental properties

VRBO is a great source. We have done business directly through homeowners. You do need to watch out because rental agencies post there as well. I have never had a bad experience dealing directly with the home owners on VRBO. I have always received better rates along with better service at a discounted price.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: VaCasa rental properties

Do not rent anything from Vacasa at all costs. It says clearly in their rental agreements that no matter what happens, storms, tree crushes your rental, they double book your rental, the rental is in disrepair, etc etc that you are not entitled to a refund. Furthermore, they have 96% bad on BBB and yelp warrents many red flags as well.

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VaCasa rental properties

We had a bad experience. In April we paid in full for 3 weeks in Vail for March 2018 and then 2 weeks later they told us the property was no longer available. They did refund us. But it was really bad business. We believe someone came in and paid them for a longer rental period. They offered us some ridiculously non-comparable alternates.

Reply to: VaCasa rental properties
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunriver
Recent Conversations