We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tigard Area Restaurants

Which Tigard hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tigard Area Restaurants

We have tried a few and here are my thoughts so far ...

El Sol De Mexico: Good food, clean, nice family running it, we'll go back

Nacho Mamas: food was pasable, place was very dirty, won't go back

Chevy's: Standard Chevy's, good food, cleaner than some, nice atmosphere

Pacific Breeze: (Thai) Very good food and service

Teriyaki and Bento place in King City - decent fast food.

I won't comment on the chains much, but we have eaten at McCormick and Schmicks and it was great, CA Pizza Kitchen (love the chicken waldorf salad sooo much), PF Chang's is always good anywhere, there's a great little noodle place in Bridgeport Village that is tasty, and the Arbys on Pacific Hwy is very clean and pleasant for a quick sandwich.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Thanks Chicogirl,

Even though I've been in the Tigard area for coming up on 13 years, I haven't made it to some of these places yet.

Have you tried Cafe Allegro? It's on the small Main St. that runs parallel to 99, and I think might be the best locally owned/operated place in town. And if you like sushi, Sinju in Bridgeport Village is easily the best option around.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

I like Nacho Mama's:) It is a dive, but I have never seen it dirty. We go fairly often, and so do a lot of people we know. Guess it is good that not everyone likes the same places:)

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Any one been to HiHat lately. Once was a favorite of ours, when kids had been good deserved reward we took them there, even a few times when tkids were not real good. Always enjoyed their food

Kids moved off and we sort of quit

BUT, a few years ago went again when a couple kids came home. I ordered porkl noodles like normal, they seemed a bit oily, ate some, then got a second bowl, but got ill later. not bad but still... i have been back only once when son came to town and it seemed ok. Funny how one meal can turn you away.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Hi Hat. Now there's a blast from the past. It's been years since we've been there. Wu's Open Kitchen is more convenient now. Have you been there, phirl? It's in the same center as Lamb's on Scholl's Ferry. Really good food.

There's another decent fast-foodish Korean style teriyaki place across 99 from Regal Cinemas. Good value for what you get.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Hey, thanks Chicogirl, this is good for everyone but especially the Newbies!

I have heard Nacho Mamas mentioned before, too bad it is icky.

phirl, I love the name Hi Hat...Chinese?

Chicogirl, you have to meet Mtngrl and I one day for lunch :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

My husband has eaten at Cafe Allegro several times and liked it - he also has had food brought in from Yan's and from yet another Mexican place that I forgot the name of.

Good to know about Wu's - there is one near either the Safeway or Albertson's in the King City area, it was really hard to tell if it was even open!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Update...we dined at Wu's in the Safeway shopping center - King City area - very clean and pleasant and the food was good. Not the best chinese I have ever eaten, but quite decent. Seems like the prices at all the chinese places are a bit higher here than in CA - about a dollar or two an entree higher.

We also ate at Hunan Pearl a few months ago - more towards L.O. - very good and again, a pleasant atmosphere.

Maybe we missed something about Nacho Mama's..????

Has anyone tried the taco stands on 99? There is one in a shack and then further into Tigard there is a Mexican bakery/taqueria called Salvador's - both look pretty authentic!

Maine
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Lol -- Tigard has a forum!!

Yes Chico -- I've tried that little Taco stand on 99 -- near Goodwill right?? I've been going there for three years now. They've even changed hands recently and the food is still good, and very cheap!!!! All the better. Have never once been disappointed in anything. Carnitas is my favorite. Try the Sopas for a little different twist on a taco. The people who own it are very nice.

Asabache a little bit further down on 99 on your left is very good also. Mexican food is a favorite.

Si Senor in Raleigh Hills is great!! Off of Scholls and 8 I think, in the Fred Meyer shopping plaza

Don't miss shopping in Grocery Outlet in King City. You'll find great bargains there, especially if you have kids in the house, or a cookie monster like I do. I recently purchased Harley Davidson Boots!!!! there, so you never know what you might find.

Well, I guess I'll have to check in here more often. Forgot how much fun this was. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

Oh yeah, I heard about Asabache...thanks for the info on the taco stands...we had lots of very good ones in Chico and I was hoping to find one here....now I need to find an excellent Mongolian grill and a super burger joint.

I am familiar with Grocery Outlet but haven't stopped into the one here...no cookie monsters in the house, unless you count me!

Maine
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tigard Area Restaurants

George's Giant Hamburgers -- on 99, a little past Dakota (Costco) on the right. I was a little leery going in but... nice and clean, plenty of selection and was pretty good!! There's coupons all the time in flyers.

Off hamburger topic but -- Five Spices, Lake Oswego... nice place, good food, outdoor seating overlooking the lake.

Hmmm, the only thing I seem to post on these threads is about eating...

Get answers to your questions about Tigard