We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Which Tillamook hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
341 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Does anyone know if the Blue Heron stocks the wines they sell on their website? We are interested in the fruit dessert wines from Honeywood and I see they list wines on their website that we haven't seen at Made In Oregon (blueberry, strawberry, pomegranate, plum, pear).

I know I could call but I have been having very bad luck lately when contacting businesses and asking questions (I don't know how many hotels/motels in the past month have told me they are 100% non-smoking when they aren't or how many businesses have said they carry something when they don't)!

We are going to be in Bend in 3 weeks and I thought it might be nice to have some wine to drink in our "romantic chalet" and didn't know if it would be worth making time to drive to Tillamook before the trip.

Thanks,

Diana

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

msdj - The short answer is generally Blue Heron does stock the wines listed on their website but specifically I don't know on the Honeywood BUT I will be driving by there this afternoon and will be happy to stop in and check.

Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

We also love the Blue Heron and the Honeywood wines. We have purchased the Marionberry wine there. Blue Heron also produces some great Brie Cheese, you can wine taste in the back of Blue Heron, also. I know that the Wine Haus in Seaside carries many of the Honeywood fruit wines for about $10/bottle. We have purchased the Pear and Plum wines there, the Blackberry is also really yummy. Have a fun trip! :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Have you tried contacting Honeywood directly? I took a tour of their winery, oh, at least 8-9 years ago and they had a retail store in Salem. Closer than Tillamook!

http://www.honeywoodwinery.com/

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

I've ordered wine from Honeywood over the phone and had it shipped before. I agree that you should try to contact them directly.

Have fun in Bend!

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Okay, Diana - I did stop by Blue Heron on the way home and all the Honeywood wines you mentioned are in stock. They also carry rasberry, peach, triple beery and tropical sunset. I suggest you do call beforiving down to check inventory at that time. If they have what you want ask them to hold it for you if you are driving over on that day. If you buy six bottles you receive a 15% discount.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Glad I read this thread! We have always driven past Blue Heron but it sounds like next time we will be stopping. Thanks for the link to Honeywood- sounds yummy- might have to have a cheese and wine evening!

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Thanks for all the info - especially the on-site report. That was so nice to stop in and check for us :-)

The dog hasn't played in the ocean since June so we've decided to work in a beach day before the trip. I asked her on Monday if she'd like to go to the ocean sometime soon and she grabbed her beach toy - I guess that was a "yes please". Now we'll make the Blue Heron a stop on the way home.

We've never been there in all the years we've lived here and driven by on our way to or from the creamery (gotta get my German Chocolate Cake ice cream fix whenever we're anywhere near Tillamook)!

An aunt and uncle went there a few years ago and said the cheese was excellent.

Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

It is! We love the Pepper Jack and the "Squeeky" cheese at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. You can sample several different cheeses here also. There was a pretty long line the last couple of times we were there but it goes fast. They also have some really good raspberry, orange, and chocolate fudge here. I hope you have a great time at the beach and in Tillamook! :)

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

Sorry, I knew what I meant to say in my head -- still wish for the ability to edit posts.

My aunt and uncle went to the Blue Heron place and said the cheese was good there.

We have yet to find a Tillamook cheese (or ice cream) we don't like!

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Heron French Cheese Company

msdj - I gotta agree with you the German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream is simply delish!!!

Get answers to your questions about Tillamook