We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Troutdale Wedding

Which Troutdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Troutdale Wedding

We will be attending my son's wedding at Edgefield in October. This will be a once in a lifetime trip for many. Most will have all day Thursday and Sunday, and most of the day Friday. What are some "not to be missed" options? Rehearsal dinner is at Portland City Grill, so everyone will experience downtown from the 30th floor. Grandparents are in their 70s and 80s, so no hiking, unfortunately.

2 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Troutdale Wedding

Even though the grandparents dont have alot of mobility, I think a drive on the Columbia Gorge Highway would be a not to be missed sight. Several of the waterfalls are viewable right from the road. The Sternwheeler also provides a nice boat ride in the gorge although not sure if it runs all the way to the end of October.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,710 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Troutdale Wedding

Hi,

Edgefield holds lots of weddings. It's a great place to be for one.

Troutdale is the start of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. There are really two ways to get there.

The Historic Columbia River Highway where you will see most of the waterfalls on the street level. or I-84.

You can reach this by taking exit 17 and going through downtown Troutdale and onto the bridge there. Make a right and go on up into Springfield and Corbett and stop at the Vista House. It's on old roadhouse on the National Register of Historic Places and quite stunning.

Or if you don't have time, take I-84 to the Bridal Veil exit and continue on to Multnomah Falls.. Stop in the Lodge for a meal and enjoy the atrium or fireplace if it's cold. The autumn colors are great and salmon should be spawning.

Bonneville Dam might be good too. You can go in and down into the workings of the dam. See the fish count and maybe see a boat or barge go through the locks. It's a beautiful property.

Enjoy your visit. Best wishes to the bride and groom

MrsO

Reply to: Troutdale Wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted