We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Yachats

Which Yachats hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Yachats

I've been watching the Yachats Chambers website but their "Winter Celebration Calendar" still links to 2011 events. Any locals - or better "Google'rs" - out there who have the scoop on which restaurants will be serving dinner on Thanksgiving?

My fingers are crossed for the Drift Inn, but if you've dined on Thanksgiving or other holidays at any of the Yachats restaurants would love to hear your thoughts. Doesn't have to be turkey or anything gourmet - just good atmosphere and tasty food.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

I think someone at the Yachats Chamber is reading the forums... look what went up this morning! yachats.org/YachatsWinterCelebration2012.html

No word on Ona, but I'll check it again to see if it's updated. Rec's for the Adobe seem lukewarm from this crowd... aside from the view is anyone a fan?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

"aside from the view is anyone a fan?"

NO!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

Well, it looks as though you got your answer.

As for the Adobe, I think they've been riding high on the view for ages and just haven't felt the need to invest in cuisine to match.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,887 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

Since we're locals, we've eaten at most of the Yachats restaurants more times than once ;-)

Adobe is exactly as o'poppa describes it. Sometimes pretty good, sometimes not so good, and on a rare occasion excellent. Service is just the same. We've been through periods when we don't eat in the restaurant at all, just order a few appetizers in the bar area and take them upstairs. They are solid (not outstanding "foodie-ish") on the appetizers - always good in our opinion.

They survive and thrive because they have a spectacular view and an unlimited supply of [new] customers from their hotel guests.

Drift Inn food is in a different food category altogether, although the place is , well, basic. For us, it's on the high $ end so we eat there maybe two, three times a year - and *never* in summer due to the crowds. We like their food and have never had anything bad or even "so-so". Service is usually quite good but they are busy busy busy and on Thanksgiving will be jammed so plan accordingly.

I just called Ona Restaurant and a fellow told me they will be open and "she is planning a special 4 course dinner". He thought the information would be available in the next week or so, and assured me it would be delicious, whatever it was, LOL!

Most restaurants here don't get their menus up until about Nov 1st or even later - we don't have a gazillion people around so maybe it's not as important to be early. If you are looking to be in an atmosphere of relaxed locals, choose the Drift Inn.

Edited: 31 October 2012, 23:10
Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

DW and I try to make it to Drift Inn once a month, so I generally agree with half-Brits assessment. I think the most compelling argument for going there, from a TOTAL non-foodie, is the consistency of their meals. They are consistently above average.

Each trip north I try and convince DW to give Ona a try, but she has a severe aversion to change lol!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

Sounds like our "gut" instinct for the Drift Inn was correct then. I've never eaten at the Adobe and it doesn't sound like we are missing anything. Will definitely check out Ona's menu but I have a feeling DI will be more our "style". My hubby is similar to Den's DW, very averse to change. (Which explains why we're going to Yachats, too!)

Thanks, all. :-)

Yachats, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

The Adobe does a thanksgiving meal and they have a couple of choices available. They do not do their regular menu. I have personally had thanksgiving here a couple of times and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

This was last years holiday. We went to the Drift Inn. Thanks!

19. Re: Thanksgiving in Yachats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Yachats