We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yachats in mid-October?

Which Yachats hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yachats in mid-October?

I'm planning a 4-day surprise trip for my husband's 50th birthday in mid-October and have narrowed it down to either Yachats or Jackson Hole, WY. I have money to spend on the trip.

1. Any preferences of Jackson Hole vs. Yachats?

2. I would appreciate lodging and restaurant recommendations for Yachats.

We have been to Seattle and San Francisco a couple of times, but have never traveled to Oregon.

TIA

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yachats in mid-October?

>>...a relaxing and semi-romantic place to travel for 4 nights without kids to reconnect that isn't an urban area but still has upscale accommodations.<<

Yachats fits the bill for that :-)

It's about 3 - 3½ hours drive from Portland Int'l Airport; 1½ from Eugene.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Yachats in mid-October?

Don't know if you're still in the planning stages. As someone else mentioned, your two choices are so completely different. I've been to both and, in October, I'd recommend Jackson Hole--very upscale, trendy shops, great restaurants.

If you're still thinking of Yachats, we always stay at Payn House in Yachats. I think it's the only 'house' that has direct and easy access to the beach (in the summer, October probably OK too). If you google it, you'll see it's a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom house with everything you need--fireplace for romantic evenings. You can rent this home and others through Bayshore Rentals that have homes for rent all along the coast near Yachats and Waldport.

Also, as someone else mentioned, Cannon Beach is also up-scale with excellent restaurants, art galleries, cute shops. If money is no object, I'd recommend Cannon Beach over Yachats any day. We'll be doing both next week.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Yachats in mid-October?

Cannon Beach is far busier and much more congested than Yachats.

14. Re: Yachats in mid-October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Yachats