We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

WA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

I'd love to have some input on a couple things. We are heading to Yachats in August for a family reunion and none of us have ever been there. We're looking for a park to take the kiddos one day for a picnic and playtime. Would the Yachats Commons be good for that? Also, we are trying to have dinner one night all together somewhere reasonably priced. Anything local that would fit 30 people? Or perhaps somewhere we can pickup food and take it back to our rental house? Any other advice?? Thanks for the help!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

Your best bet, IMO, would be to drive north ~10 miles and go to Ona Beach State Park. The Commons is right on hwy 101 and not at all scenic, whereas Ona Beach has both Beaver Creek and the Pacific Ocean as well as expansive lawn and picnic facilities.

WA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

Thank you for the info! I'm going down a day early so I will check it out before the group gets there.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

Where are you staying? The logistics of transporting 30 people could be intimidating. Personally I think the Commons is good - while the property as a whole faces the highway, it's separated from the traffic by City Hall and other buildings. It's not "the beach", obviously. ;-) There's a nice playground and a picnic shelter. If it's close to everyone's accommodations I'd still consider it a good, easy option.

The Drift Inn might be able to accommodate your group but it's on the spendy side. You might be able to get takeout for your group from the Green Salmon if you order ahead.

WA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

We are staying in Yachats on the beach so I was really just looking for a good gathering spot for lunch one day where the kids can play together and we can all eat our lunches together. I think a picnic shelter would be perfect. I was hoping there is food around there in case someone wants to just pick up something to eat too. Would you say there are any places to take-out food nearby?

I'll check out the Green Salmon for dinner one night. Thanks for your response!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

There is Yachats State Park that is quiet with a nice lawn and picnic tables, although I don't know how many. I'm thinking it even has a covered area but I could be wrong. It's right on the ocean but has a rocky shoreline, not beach. Take Ocean View Drive on the north side of the river to get there.

As you probably know, Yachats is teeny, so restaurants are somewhat limited. You could easily all fit into the Adobe, but what do you call "reasonable"? Adobe prices run about $16-$27 which I don't really call "reasonable" for what is usually about average to fairly good food ... you're paying for the view.

There is a new pizza place we haven't tried yet which might be an idea. It's called "Out of Gas" because the building used to be a gas station years ago!

All restaurants... tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g52148-Yachats_O…

WA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

Yes, I was actually thinking about the pizza place for a family get-together. It looks like they could accommodate. Adobe is way overpriced for us... I checked it out. Thanks everyone!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

There's a grocery store (with deli) close to the Commons park. I usually think of Green Salmon for breakfast or lunch, rather than dinner, but their counter service is on the slow side - that's why I recommend calling ahead.

Bread & Roses is very close to the park too - it's a bakery so maybe they have sandwiches as well as sweet treats? I've actually never eaten there since they always seem to be super busy as well.

We haven't tried the pizza place yet - usually when we stay in Yachats we drive to the pizza place in Waldport for one dinner so it will definitely be on our "to do" list next time.

WA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

Oh great! That's what I was looking for... places to pick up sandwiches, etc. for the park. Now it's all coming together. Your info has been much appreciated!

9. Re: Fun park/gathering spot & take-out for group of 30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2017, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Yachats