We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

Green Lane...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bed and breakfast inns or hotels within a relatively short drive of Rickett's Glen State Park. The state park cabins hae been booked for months. Thanks.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

The Inn at Turkey Hill (exit 236 off of I-80) is only about 12-15 miles away. It's located in the Town of Bloomsburg. There are numerous other name brand motels along I-80, too. There is a small village named Benton, just south of the park on Rt 487 with a few motels. I can't think of anywhere else to stay except The Pine Barn Inn in Danville (or other name brand places in that village) or over in Wilkes-Barre. Rickets Glen is a beautiful park. We spend Memorial Day there BBQ'ing and boating. It's too cold to swim for me. The falls are great too, if you don't mind the long walk.

Green Lane...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

Thanks for the suggestions. Another quick question -How would you rate the difficulty of a lot of the trails to see the falls? I am pregnant but am in fairly good shape. Dr. didn't know what to say because I couldn't tell him a difficulty level. Thanks again.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

The falls are accessible from either the Lake Jean area or off of Rt 118. It's a mile walk from the Rt 118 parking lot to the first fall. Lots of tree roots, rocks and water hazards. Take a look at the PA state parks website for a better description. I would think that it would be better to access the falls from near the lake.

Steve

4. Re: ricketts glen bed and breakfast or hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Benton