We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

Valinhos, SP
3 posts
Save Topic
How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

I'll be at DC in winter without a car. How can I get to Liberty mountain? Is there a bus? Is it reliable?

4 replies to this topic
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

I know it's not likely what you want to hear ... but the best way would be to drive. Liberty Mountain is in fairly rural area southwest of Gettysburg and sufficiently north of DC that you're not going to find any regular "public" transportation heading anywhere close to that destination. A one day car rental (or even an hourly rental from ZipCar) would probably be the best way to go about it.

I note that there are some local Ski Clubs in the Washington DC area (search "Ski Club Washington DC") including SCWDC which appear to have some scheduled bus trips to various ski areas including Liberty. Perhaps you might want to check into that.

Valinhos, SP
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

Thank you very much for your time and attention, it was very useful for my trip planning.

buenos aires
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

is there any shuttle service working for this season??

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??

I'm sorry, I've checked various sources and I was unable to find any public transportation to Liberty this year. Renting a car for the day seems to be the best option.

Reply to: How can I get to liberty mountain without a car??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carroll Valley