We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

Which Clarks Summit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PHILADELHIA, PA.
1 post
Save Topic
Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

I am trying to find out the name of the diner , I think is on the main highway right hand side as you travel into town.. They make the best pie... I think it was Rhubarb. like nothing I have ever tasted before.... I am going back a number of years since I have been up that way, but I would like to find the name of the diner... If anyone can help me I would be greatful.... thank you May

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

I asked Brian Butko, author of "Diners of Pennsylvania", about this diner. His response is below:

"She may be thinking of Topper's, a 54 O'Mahony that had a big wood-sided

annex to its right. It closed years ago and was moved to the north edge of

town, where it sat open to the elements. Word is it's been saved and moved,

but that won't help in the quest for good pie in town."

John

Scranton, PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

The Gourmet Diner is the only one I can think of there.

NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

Franklin Family Restaurant had great pies. I used to stop there on my way to/from college. I don't think it exists anymore.

Scranton, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

The Gourmet Diner would be on the left if you were traveling into town, that has been there for a while, not really known for the desserts. The Summit Diner would be on the right and has also been there as long as I could remember, at least 20 years, and they have good desserts...that could be the place you're thinking of. Its located at 108 South State St., Clarks Summit, and the phone # is (570) 587-4677.

clarks summit, pa
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

How far back are you going and which way were you coming into town? My grandmother had the Station Restaurant and made all of her own pies but she closed aroung 1980.

clarks summit
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

the name of the diner is The Gourmet

7. Re: Clark Summit -Hunting for the diner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Clarks Summit