We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doylestown to Princeon University?

Which Doylestown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philly, PA
6 posts
Save Topic
Doylestown to Princeon University?

Hi, my husband will start a job at Lehigh University and we are looking to move somehwere between there and Princeton Univ. where I'll be. Does anyone do the Doylestown to Princeton U. commute? I see there are no big highways, google maps puts me there in 45+ mins but I don't know about traffic...ideas? Our other option is living near Easton (Williams Township) and taking 78 to 206, which would take 1.25hrs but its all highway ... thanks, any ideas, comments will be helpful.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

I no longer live there, but we lived on the East side of Doylestown (actually in Buckingham Twp.) when my husband worked in Skillman, NJ, which is just north of Princeton. It took him about 30 mins., and he loved his commute - found it very relaxing and there was never any traffic. He worked with about 3 or 4 other people that lived close to us, the facility as a whole was split about 60/40 between NJ residents and PA. I will say that I worried in the Winter months if bad weather was looming - especially since his car wasn't the best at that time. Also, driving through that area there is no question of "if" you will hit a deer, more of a "when" - although, he ended up not being very happy at the job and we were only there for 1.5 yrs., so he escaped with just a couple of close calls.

Personally, I loved the area where we lived. It's expensive, but not as expensive as NJ. That, along with the fact that we were from PA, and our families were West in Central PA. is the main reason we chose to live in the Doylestown area.

Good luck with your search!

Philly, PA
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

thanks! that drive doesn't sound too bad ... I will be getting a car soon so I will keep the deer in mind. We are moving from Philadelphia, so I'm hoping we'll find something similar or cheaper as for where to live. Still searching ...

bucks co.
Level Contributor
371 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

I do the commute to Princeton and and acutally did one close to Lehigh also, The commute depending on where in Princeton could be up to an hour. From Doylestown Lehigh U should take you about 45 minutes depending on your route due to some construction in Coopersburg, but there are back roads around it. For those two commutes Doylestown is a good choice both location wise and quality of life. I would be happy to answer and questions you may have since I live in Dtown and commute to Princeton and have family in the Lehigh Valley.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,760 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

The Lamberville, NJ area is also good- right off of 202 & 29.

If you are car shopping, and are worried about driving in the snow, look at Subarus. Safest car there is in the snow.

Philly, PA
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

thanks, we're trying to stay in PA because of lower taxes for now. I did look at Subarus, I like the outback but its MPG is not too good. I am looking at the VW sportwagen TDI now, seems like it has great reviews and great MPGs, not sure about snow, but a good set of snow tires should help.

6. Re: Doylestown to Princeon University?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2010, 05:17