We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Stay

Looking to go the knoebels

amusement park probably off season early June (probably before school gets out)

http://www.knoebels.com/

I would only want to stay one or two nights.

I know local hotels would be Danville or Bloomsurg.

Anyone have local spots they like to stay at when visitng this area? An Inn, probably not a cottage since I don't want to stay a full week and I want to try to hit the mid week rather than weekend

THANKS

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Stay

We've rented a house for most of our recent stays, but I can recommend two motels: Pine Barn Inn in Danville and the Glossar Motor Inn in Paxinos. Take a look at the local links in the Knoebels website. There are (lodging) links for the local visitors bureaus and B&B's. Also, go to the Knoebels forums and read previous responses. A few B&B owners have responded to some questions. Stay away from the dumpy Days Inn on I-80! Knoebel's is an awesome park. We've been going two to three times a year for 20+ years. You should be able to go on all the rides in a full day. There are a few other places you should see while your up-country. Let me know if your interested.

Mifflinburg...
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Stay

i believe its called hampton inn there fairly new with in the last 10 yrs located in danville would be my choice

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Stay

thanks I will check out all those places

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Stay

we stayed at the holiday inn express in bloomsburg. it was very new and nice. the front desk was great...helpful and gracious. I am not very demanding, but i booked a room w/ king bed and pull-out (had 2 boys with us) and all they had left was a handicapped room. When I got there they said it was an error on the website the handicap rooms do not have a pull out...ouch 4 in a bed!!!! they did get us a roll out and the two slept in it. It was only 2 nights and we managed.

It is just a little area with a few hotels and chain restaurants. It met our needs for our little weekend getaway!

5. Re: Places to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Elysburg
More Elysburg Topics